Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
Provide excellent customer service in a library environment
In this Certificate IV course you will gain knowledge and skills in the delivery of library and related library technologies and processes. Your studies could lead to employment in a broad range of environments such as public, hospital, law, university or school libraries. Or you may find work in the information based organisations, such as a web-based database service.
Your lecturers in this course are library professionals, up-to-date with industry best practice and with strong connections with local library staff and organisations.
North Metropolitan TAFE gives you the option of studying this course on campus (6 months full-time) or online (completing the course within 12 – 18 months).
- Provide leadership for library teams in areas including customer service and occupational safety and health
- Undertake cataloguing activities to describe and organise library resources
- Search online databases and retrieve information from external sources for information
- Maintain websites and use social media tools
- Assist and present information to clients to help them access library and external resources
- Build your understanding of current library challenges and trends, including emerging technologies.
I have the following attributes:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Comfortable using technology
- Able to work as part of a team
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|C Grades in Year 11 WACE General English, and OLNA; or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 11 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate II or Certificate III|
Completion of Certificate III in Library and Information Services or other relevant education or industry experience.
Students studying part-time or online are advised to complete the qualification within 12 - 18 months. National changes to the qualification may result in additional studies.
Other costs for consideration:
- Text Books
Other job titles may include:
- Library Officer (in public, hospital, law, university, college and school libraries)
- Collections Management Assistant
- Library Assistant
- Customer Engagement Officer (Library and Cultural Services)
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
Eligible for VSL
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses, or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.