Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
Networking is one of the fastest growing areas of IT
If you have chosen Networking as your area of expertise, then the Certificate IV in Information Technology Networking is a great starting point. This course will teach you the practical skills to install and configure small to medium size modern networks - including exposure to virtual machines, wireless technologies, cloud storage, infrastructure devices, network security, deployment resources to desktops and user support.
East Perth and Joondalup campuses have dedicated Training Networks and are registered as both Cisco Academy and Redhat Academy providers. Joondalup also offers Microsoft Imagine Academy as part of your studies
- Install and build networks using Microsoft, Linux and Cisco IOS operating systems and services
- Monitor and maintain these systems
- Implement the security features of these operating systems
- Configure routers and switches
- Build on effective communication, documentation and general business skills
I have the following attributes:
- Able to apply analytical and problem solving skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|C Grades in Year 11 WACE General English, and OLNA; or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 11 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate II or Certificate III|
Other costs for consideration:
- Recommended - portable self-powered USB 3.2 gen1 / gen2 SSD with at least 500GB storage
Other job titles may include:
- System/Diagnostic Supporter
- Network HelpDesk
- IT Administrator/Technician
- Systems Administrator
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Enhance your skills in this area with the following study options.
This qualification is part of the Lower fees, local skills program where you'll pay only half of the standard course fees until 31 December 2021. The “annual fees cap” means that full-fee paying students will only pay a maximum of $1,200 (plus resource fee) and concession-fee paying students or those aged 15-24 years will only pay up to $400 (plus resource fee). Please see below an approximate estimate of what you will pay on enrolment.
Annual Full fee
Annual Concession fee
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses, or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.