Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
This qualification is part of the Lower fees, local skills program where you'll pay only half of the standard course fees.
Play a crucial part in the success of an organisation
This course is a great starting point if you would like to work with people in a business environment.
The role of Human Resources is to ensure that an organisation's most valued assets, its people, are engaged and well supported in their working environment.
This course will provide you with the skills and knowledge to work in a variety of roles across a range of Human Resources functions. You will gain skills in areas of; staff recruitment, induction and training, workplace health and safety procedures, supporting the HR team with performance management and industrial relations procedures.
Keen to get started? We offer this course online.
- Staff recruitment
- Staff inductions and training
- Performance management
- Industrial relations procedures
- Workplace health and safety
I have the following attributes:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong negotiating and information management skills
- Able to relate to people from a variety of backgrounds
- Able to deal with confidential information
- Diplomacy and the ability to handle sensitive situations
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|C Grades in Year 11 WACE General English, and OLNA; or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 11 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate II or Certificate III|
Please note part-time study classes are run during the day only.
Please note the following units will be delivered in a blended variety of modes:
Further information will be provided by your lecturer at orientation.
Other job titles may include:
- Human Resources Administrator
- Human Resources Clerk
- Human Resources Assistant
- Human Resources Officer
- Human Resources Coordinator
- Payroll Officer
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
North Metropolitan TAFE offers you a range of further study opportunities, see below for a list of related courses.
This qualification is part of the Lower fees, local skills program where you'll pay only half of the standard course fees until 31 December 2021. The “annual fees cap” means that full-fee paying students will only pay a maximum of $1,200 (plus resource fee) and concession-fee paying students or those aged 15-24 years will only pay up to $400 (plus resource fee). Please see below an approximate estimate of what you will pay on enrolment.
Annual Full fee
Annual Concession fee
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.