Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
Do you want a career that could take you all over the world?
When you complete the Certificate IV in Hospitality you'll be able to work as a hospitality supervisor or team leader.
You will gain the knowledge and skills to work and supervise effectively in the hospitality industry, holding a leadership role in the responsible service of alcohol, financial management, budget control, and enhanced customer service.
Skilled and experienced hospitality workers are in demand and a wide range of employment opportunities will be open to you.
- Implementation of work, health and safety practices
- Management of budget
- Enhanced customer service
- Hygiene practices
I have the following attributes:
- Able to work in dynamic, fast paced environments
- Able to identify and solve problems
- Flexible, motivated and enthusiastic
- Outgoing and welcoming personality
- Able to work well in a team
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|C Grades in Year 11 WACE General English, and OLNA; or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 11 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate II or Certificate III|
A supervised workplacement at North Metro TAFE's Pavilion à la carte restaurant is undertaken as part of this course.
- Front Office Manager (Hotel) | Head Housekeeper | Head Porter (Hotel) | Hotel Concierge | Hotel Office Manager
- Hotel Service Supervisor
Other job titles may include:
- Supervisor | Team Leader (Bar, Housekeeping, Food & Beverage)
- Duty Manager
- Shift Manager
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
North Metropolitan TAFE offers you a range of further study opportunities, see below for a list of related courses.
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
Eligible for VSL
*After completion of Cert III in Hospitality
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses, or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.