Put a little sparkle in your career with this gem of a course
The Certificate IV in Design (Jewellery Studio) will provide you with the core skills and knowledge you'll need to successfully operate in jewellery design and fabrication.
You'll learn in our extensive and specialised studios — one of the most in-depth and contemporary studio-based experiences in the state.
On completion of this course you'll be eligible to continue your studies in the Diploma of Visual Arts (Jewellery Design) to take your practice to a professional level.
- Colour theory principles and design processes
- Developing and refining illustrative work
- Creating 2D and 3D forms
- Critical and creative thinking
- Occupational health and safety
I have the following attributes:
- Creative flair
- Accuracy and the ability to undertake detailed work
- Good hand-eye co-ordination
- A patient and persistent nature
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|C Grades in Year 11 WACE General English, and OLNA; or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 11 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate II or Certificate III|
Other costs for consideration:
- Text Books
- 4 days per week
North Metropolitan TAFE offers you a range of further study opportunities, see below for a list of related courses.
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
Eligible for VSL
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses, or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.