The umbrella of Graphic Design covers many diverse career possibilities
Our Certificate IV in Design (Graphic Design) is a foundation course that provides you with a broad understanding and experience of the graphic design discipline, including Corporate and Branding, Packaging, User Experience, Web/Interface and Environmental signage design to name but a few.
This qualification is weighted approximately 50/50 digital versus traditional, manual skills. We concentrate on solid software skills using industry-standard Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign in an environment that replicates a real industry setup. Our lecturers are hands-on and always present to help as the course is delivered using learning activities such as tutorials, design briefs and class discussions.
Some units concentrate on an introduction to web and interface design, while other units cover conceptual and creative thinking skills.
Graphic Designers communicate through images and words. The industry demands a mastery of typography and you will begin this journey by having fun combining digital techniques with traditional Letterpress to learn the basics. Our industry also demands drawing and sketching skills to convey concepts to both clients and fellow designers and our drawing unit lays the foundation for further development in digital illustration required in the Diploma and beyond.
Design is a process that combines elements into a workable solution whether it be a logo or an app interface and our concept development and ideation units have these foundation skills covered. Successful completion of this course will equip you with the skills needed to enter the Diploma of Graphic Design.
- Use layout, colour theory, harmony, contrast and balance to create 2D and 3D designs
- Digital techniques and image editing
- Illustration and drawing techniques
- Preparing files for publication
I have the following attributes:
- A strong visual focus and creative flair
- Able to think laterally and come up with creative solutions
- Able to work well under pressure
- Able to work to tight deadlines
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
Eligible for VSL
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.