Be equipped to tackle the network security challenges faced by Australian businesses, services and industry with this specialised course in cyber security
There are two delivery options for this course - on campus (face to face, full time), or a combination of online and on campus evening classes.
Cyber attacks on Australian networks are an ever-increasing threat to individuals, businesses and national security and there is currently a skills shortage in this very specialised sector of the IT industry. You'll gain insights into mitigation techniques that are key to tackling potential cyber attacks faced by modern industry by completing North Metropolitan TAFE's Certificate IV in Cyber Security.
Our Certificate IV in Cyber Security is a technician level qualification that will provide you with the knowledge and a comprehensive set of technical skills that will mean you are job ready and highly employable.
The online delivery of this course is ideal for IT staff who want to up skill into a Cyber Security role or for the newly passionate cyber enthusiasts. New candidates with a limited background in IT should consider the on campus delivery for the Certificate IV in Cyber Security, or the Certificate III in Information Technology (Cyber Security).
- Monitor the risk of cyber security attack
- Implement appropriate software
- Use a range of tools and procedures to mitigate cyber security threats
- Protect an organisation from insider security breaches
- Develop systems to minimise network vulnerabilities and risks
I have the following attributes:
- Able to apply analytical and problem solving skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|C Grades in Year 11 WACE General English, and OLNA; or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 11 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate II or Certificate III|
Online delivery information
Applications will open late 2021. Delivery for this course includes a mix of online structured learning and face-to-face classes.
Start date Semester 1 2022
Course duration 2 Semesters (4 Terms)
Times 6:00pm to 9:00pm, 3 days per week. Delivery days and times may vary across Terms.
Resources Students must have access to a PC with the following specifications – I5 CPU, 16Gb RAM, 500GB hard-disk storage and good internet access, as the majority of subject sessions are delivered online. Students also require an external hard-drive with at least 250GB of space to use in the classroom and for any final assessments requiring students to attend the campus.
- Computer Technical Support Security
- Security Customer Support
- Information Security
- Audit Collection Officer
- Incident Response Team Member
- Security Systems Help Desk Support
- Website | Network Security Officer
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
North Metropolitan TAFE offers you a range of further study opportunities, see below for a list of related courses.
This qualification is part of the Lower fees, local skills program where you'll pay only half of the standard course fees until 31 December 2021. The “annual fees cap” means that full-fee paying students will only pay a maximum of $1,200 (plus resource fee) and concession-fee paying students or those aged 15-24 years will only pay up to $400 (plus resource fee). Please see below an approximate estimate of what you will pay on enrolment.
Annual Full fee
Annual Concession fee
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred option below to get started with your application.