Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
This qualification is part of the Lower fees, local skills program where you'll pay only half of the standard course fees.
Gain a strong foundation in current business trends
Study the Certificate IV in Business and you will gain skills in the latest business technologies, managing customer needs and feedback, developing and promoting products and services and working as part of a team. You will also acquire valuable experience in making presentations to groups and building relationships with colleagues and external stakeholders and networks.
On completion you can continue your studies with the Diploma of Business.
Keen to get started? We offer this course on campus and online.
- Provide solutions to business problems
- Analyse and evaluate information from a variety of business sectors
- Write complex documents
- Play a supporting role in the recruitment of staff
I have the following attributes:
- Would like to extend verbal and written communication skills
- A desire to develop attention to detail, planning and organisational skills
- Keen to develop decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Able to relate to people from a range of cultures
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|C Grades in Year 11 WACE General English, and OLNA; or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 11 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate II or Certificate III|
We recommend that students complete this qualification within 6-months. Changes to the National qualification may result in additional studies.
If you have any concerns or questions in relation to these changes, please contact the learning area for further information.
You’ll need to get a student ID card to be able to access resources needed for the simulated business environment part of this course.
Other costs for consideration:
- Text Books
- 2.5/3 days per week
Job titles may include:
- Office Administrator
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
North Metropolitan TAFE offers you a range of further study opportunities, see below for a list of related courses.
This qualification is part of the Lower fees, local skills program where you'll pay only half of the standard course fees until 31 December 2021. The “annual fees cap” means that full-fee paying students will only pay a maximum of $1,200 (plus resource fee) and concession-fee paying students or those aged 15-24 years will only pay up to $400 (plus resource fee). Please see below an approximate estimate of what you will pay on enrolment.
Annual Full fee
Annual Concession fee
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred option below to get started with your application.