A career you can count on
This course provides an insight into the issues and processes of accounting for an organisation and prepares you for work as a payroll clerk or bookkeeper. You'll learn to record and create summaries of financial transactions of an organisation for management purposes.
This course also prepares you for entry into the Diploma of Accounting.
Keen to get started? We offer this course on campus and online.
We are also delivering this Certificate IV course in an Intensive Evening Program.
Eager to get the Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping but short on time? If you are currently working in industry and have two years experience using accounting software (preferably MYOB) this program will build on your skills to achieve the Certificate IV Accounting and Bookkeeping qualification.
You can undertake this intensive evening program where you attend classes for two evenings, from 5 - 7pm on campus. You will also participate in online Collaborate sessions to support your study.
This program will take 14 weeks to complete.
- Process financial transactions and extract interim reports
- Establish and maintain a payroll system
- Prepare financial reports, statements and operational budgets
- Set up and operate a computerised accounting system
I have the following attributes:
- Strong organisational and record keeping skills
- Good maths and analytical skills
- Methodical and logical
- Focussed with good attention to detail
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|C Grades in Year 11 WACE General English, and OLNA; or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 11 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate II or Certificate III|
Classes are delivered over four days per week for one semester when you study full-time.
As well as the in-class component, approximately five hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, is recommended, including private study, assignment preparation, and research.
If you don’t have access to a computer and WiFi at home, we recommend using our library computers during library hours.
On your first day you should bring your North Metropolitan TAFE confirmation of enrolment, your student ID and stationery (pen and exercise book).
As a student you will also have additional costs associated with your study, for example text, course book/s, software and you will need to pay for stationery, printing and other materials required for your assignments.
- Accounting Clerk | Accounts Clerk | Accounts Payable Clerk | Accounts Officer | Accounts Receivable Clerk | Audit Clerk
- Payroll Clerk | Payroll Officer
- Bookkeeper | Financial Administration Officer
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
Eligible for VSL
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.