Let your creativity flow!
North Metro offers a wide range of creative industry courses which will equip you with the skills you'll need to excel in your future professional practice as an artist or craft maker. Our visual art and craft qualifications provide you with skills that are relevant to current industry trends and practices.
Through this course you'll learn how to create two and three dimensional forms in a variety of visual arts areas. This course will help you visualise, develop and present ideas and images. You'll develop skills in drawing, painting, printmaking, ceramics, textiles and design.
Your Certificate III in Visual Arts gives you the skills to begin an exciting career in art or for further study in visual art at North Metropolitan TAFE.
- Design and produce paintings, sculptures, ceramics, textiles, printmaking and electronic art
- Experiment with materials and techniques
- Develop knowledge of art history and theory
- Understand current art issues and trends
I have the following attributes:
- Creativity, imagination and artistic skill
- Good hand-eye coordination, with an attention to detail
- Dedication, confidence and self-motivation
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
Other costs for consideration:
- Text Books
- Art Supplies Kit (approx. $175.00)
- 4 days per week
Other job titles may include:
- Ceramics Studio Assistant
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
Eligible for VSL
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred option below to get started with your application.