Dreaming of a career that will take you places?
Gain the essential knowledge to enter the exciting world of travel and tourism with this Certificate III course. Working in travel will see you working on trips for clients travelling to thousands of places all over the world.
Full time students studying this course will work within our simulated business program. This program gives students the opportunity to apply their skills and knowledge coordinating client bookings as they would in an industry office. North Metropolitan TAFE is the leading provider of travel and tourism studies in WA.
- Develop travel plans for clients looking for adventure, luxury, and cultural experiences
- Plan tourism itineraries and provide tourism visitor information
- Corporate traveller planning
- Gain Australian and international tourism destination and attractions knowledge
- Use current industry reservations systems and operational technology (GDS, Amadeus and Sabre)
- Social media for business
I have the following attributes:
- Enjoy working with people
- Interested in travel destinations
- Good organisational skills with an attention to detail
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills
- Good computer skills
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
Other job titles may include:
- Call Centre Sales Agent | Reservations Travel Sales Agent
- Customer Service Agent | Customer Services Officer
- Travel Consultant (online, mobile)
- Travel Consultant (domestic, international, cruise, corporate, wholesale)
- Incentive Coordinator
- Tourism Sales and Marketing
- Tour Operations
- Airport Check In
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
North Metropolitan TAFE offers you a range of further study opportunities, see below for a list of related courses.
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
Eligible for VSL
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.