Jump on board to an exciting career in tourism
Gain the basic skills and knowledge to work in various tourism job roles. A career in tourism is very rewarding and with this Certificate III in Tourism you'll have the skills you need to work in visitor information services, tour guiding and tourism operations.
You could be out in the field helping visitors experience all the top holiday spots or creating or guiding tours that they will remember forever.
North Metropolitan TAFE is the leading provider of travel and tourism studies in WA.
- Plan tourism itineraries and provide tourism visitor information
- Gain tourism destination and attractions knowledge
- Work as a guide and lead tour groups
- Use current industry reservations systems and operational technology
- Use social media for business
I have the following attributes:
- Enjoy interacting with people
- Patient and tactful
- Understanding and acceptance of different cultures
- Able to think logically
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good problem-solving skills
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
- Tourist Information Officer | Tourist Adviser
- Gallery, Museum and Tour Guides
- Outdoor and Adventure Guides
Other job titles may include:
- Booking Agent | Reservations Sales Agent | Sales Consultant | Customer Service Agent
- Coach Tour Company Representative | Operations Consultant for a Tour Operator
- Guide and Salesperson in an Indigenous Cultural Centre
- Inbound Tour Coordinator | Tour operator reservation agent
- Visitor Centre Consultant | Tourism customer service attendant
- Employment at Theme Parks and Tourist Attractions
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Half price fees
The Lower fees, local skills (half price) discount and fee caps have already been applied to the fees displayed above. Please note that fee caps only apply to the calendar year, so multi-semester courses across more than one calendar year may have a higher fee. See the Half price courses page for more details.
Lower fees, local skills are available to residents of Western Australia, and temporary residents holding certain visa types. They are not available for people living outside of Western Australia, or international students. Full eligibility details are available on our Half price courses page.
Enquiries regarding fees can be made by calling us.
T 1300 300 822
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred option below to get started with your application.