This qualification is part of the Lower fees, local skills program where you'll pay only half of the standard course fees.
Jump on board to an exciting career in tourism
Gain the basic skills and knowledge to work in various tourism job roles. A career in tourism is very rewarding and with this Certificate III in Tourism you'll have the skills you need to work in visitor information services, hotel guest services and tourism operations.
You could be out in the field helping visitors experience all the top holiday spots or creating tours that they will remember forever or working in an international hotel providing guest information services.
North Metropolitan TAFE is the leading provider of travel and tourism studies in WA.
- Plan tourism itineraries and provide tourism visitor information
- Gain tourism destination and attractions knowledge
- Provide accommodation guest services including porter services
- Set up promotional stands for tourism products
- Use current industry reservations systems and operational technology
- Use social media for business
I have the following attributes:
- Enjoy working with people
- Patient and tactful
- Understanding and acceptance of different cultures
- Able to think logically
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good problem-solving skills
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
Other job titles may include:
- Booking Agent | Reservations Sales Agent | Sales Consultant | Customer Service Agent
- Coach Tour Company Representative | Operations Consultant for a Tour Operator
- Guide and Salesperson in an Indigenous Cultural Centre
- Inbound Tour Coordinator | Tour operator reservation agent
- Visitor Centre Consultant | Tourism customer service attendant
- Employment at Theme Parks and Tourist Attractions
- Tourism/Guest Services (Hotel / Resort)
- Museum Attendant
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
North Metropolitan TAFE offers you a range of further study opportunities, see below for a list of related courses.
This qualification is part of the Lower fees, local skills program where you'll pay only half of the standard course fees until 31 December 2021. The “annual fees cap” means that full-fee paying students will only pay a maximum of $1,200 (plus resource fee) and concession-fee paying students or those aged 15-24 years will only pay up to $400 (plus resource fee). Please see below an approximate estimate of what you will pay on enrolment.
Annual Full Fee
Annual Concession Fee
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses, or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.