Set your sights on a career in surveying
This qualification will provide you with the practical skills and knowledge to work with spatial data and read, interpret and apply maps. You will learn about safety, performing computations and the skills necessary to operate in the field.
Gain basic surveying skills and begin an entry level job in the surveying and spatial information services sector or continue with further study in surveying at North Metro.
This course may be studied by employer-based training or by off campus learning provided you have a position in an appropriate work place.
- Work with spatial data
- Operate basic survey equipment
- Work through survey computations
- Read and interpret maps
- Workplace safety and the application of safe work places
I have the following attributes:
- Enjoy a mix of working indoors and outdoors
- Good organisational and mathematical skills
- Enjoy problem solving with keen observation skills
- Reasonable level of fitness
- Ability to work as part of team
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
Completion of Certificate II in Surveying and Spatial Information Services does not provide automatic entry into Certificate III in Surveying and Spatial Information Services due to the specific entry requirements of Certificate III, which include a pass in Year 11 maths (or equivalent).
Work placement is optional.
Other costs for consideration:
- Text Books
- 3 days per week
- Junior Technical Officer (Surveying and Spatial Information Services)
- Surveying Assistant
- Spatial Information Services Assistant
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
Eligible for VSL
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.