Do you want a monumental trade where your career is set in stone?
When you complete the Certificate III in Stonemasonry (Monumental/Installation) you will be ready for a career as a construction mason or stonemason.
You will gain the knowledge and skills to take stone from excavation all the way to a finished, polished object including stairs, walls, fireplaces, chimneys, kitchen benchtops, monuments, gravestones.
The Certificate III in Stonemasonry (Monumental/Installation) is an apprenticeship; please see the Apprenticeships section for more information.
- Shaping, machining, finishing, and laying stone
- Cutting letters, restoration and repairs
- General skills for the construction industry
- Apply work health and safety requirements
I have the following attributes:
- Good hand-eye coordination with attention to detail
- Enjoy practical work
- Comfortable working in a physical environment
- Work well as part of a team
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
You must be employed in a training contract by an appropriate organisation to study.
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
Eligible for VSL
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses, or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.