Learn foundation animation skills
This course is our introductory animation primer for high school students and graduates.
Students graduating this course will be set for action in the CUA41215 (AA97) Certificate IV in Screen & Media (Animation & Visualisation) or CUA41215 (AB74) Certificate IV in Screen and Media (Animation & Game Art).
- Foundation skills in 2D and 3D animation
- Creative writing
- Digital design
- Creative industry skills
I have the following attributes:
- Creative and artistic flair
- Comfortable working to deadlines
- An understanding of colour and form
- Patience and attention to detail with technical aptitude
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
Other costs for consideration:
- External Hard-drive (approx. $50)
- USB 2.0 (minimum) with at least 100GB storage
- East Perth: 3 days per week plus Student Lab Time
- Joondalup: 2 days per week plus Student Lab Time
- Animation Assistant
- Online Content Author
- Multimedia Content Author
- Entry level employment in the digital media industry.
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
- Certificate IV in Screen and Media (Animation & Visualisation)
- Certificate IV in Screen and Media (Animation and Game Art)
North Metropolitan TAFE offers you a range of further study opportunities, see below for a list of related courses
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
Eligible for VSL
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred option below to get started with your application.