Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
Are you ready to unearth a fine career?
This qualification will give you the skills and knowledge necessary for employment as a processing technician in a resources processing facility.
You'll learn how to operate and monitor equipment including conveyors and valve systems. You'll also gain the skills and knowledge to conduct site sampling and testing of samples commonly used in the mine processing industry, and an insight into OHS, the mining industry and the equipment used in processing.
- Operate and monitor conveyors and valve systems
- Work safely and follow work safety policies and procedures
- Conduct milling/grinding, crushing and screening plant operations
- Perform process control room operations
I have the following attributes:
- Enjoy manual and technical work
- Able to follow workplace health and safety procedures and work safely
- Comfortable working in a physical environment
- Good communication, logic and problem solving skills
- Able to work well as part of a team
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
- Process Operator (Mineral Processing)
- Senior Process Operator | Senior Production Operator (Mineral Processing)
- Remote Control Room Operator
- Coal Preparation Senior Operator
- Processing Technician
- Mineral Processing Technician
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
This qualification is part of the Lower fees, local skills(opens in a new tab) program where you'll pay only half of the standard course fees from 1 January to 31 December 2021. The “annual fees cap” means that full-fee paying students will only pay a maximum of $1,200 (plus resource fee) and concession-fee paying students or those aged 15-24 years will only pay up to $400 (plus resource fee).
Annual Full fee
Annual Concession fee
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.