Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
Are you ready to unearth a fine career?
This qualification will give you the skills and knowledge necessary for employment as a processing technician in a resources processing facility.
You'll learn how to operate and monitor equipment including conveyors and valve systems. You'll also gain the skills and knowledge to conduct site sampling and testing of samples commonly used in the mine processing industry, and an insight into OHS, the mining industry and the equipment used in processing.
- Operate and monitor conveyors and valve systems
- Work safely and follow work safety policies and procedures
- Conduct milling/grinding, crushing and screening plant operations
- Perform process control room operations
I have the following attributes:
- Enjoy manual and technical work
- Able to follow workplace health and safety procedures and work safely
- Comfortable working in a physical environment
- Good communication, logic and problem solving skills
- Able to work well as part of a team
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
- Process Operator (Mineral Processing)
- Senior Process Operator | Senior Production Operator (Mineral Processing)
- Remote Control Room Operator
- Coal Preparation Senior Operator
- Processing Technician
- Mineral Processing Technician
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
This qualification is part of the Lower fees, local skills(opens in a new tab) program where you'll pay only half of the standard course fees from 1 January to 31 December 2021. The “annual fees cap” means that full-fee paying students will only pay a maximum of $1,200 (plus resource fee) and concession-fee paying students or those aged 15-24 years will only pay up to $400 (plus resource fee).
Annual Full fee
Annual Concession fee
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred option below to get started with your application.