Turn your raw talent into a career
This course introduces you to the exciting and challenging world of music performance and will provide you with the skills and knowledge you need to get started in the music industry.
You will focus on gaining skills in songwriting and arranging, ensemble/performance and recording. You will participate in recording sessions in our studios and follow the production processes through to the completion of a demo recording.
At the end of your course, you will have produced and packaged a product (CD/Single) and gained skills in communication, critical listening, stagecraft, musical style and industry practice.
This course is only run in semester 2 each year.
- Music literacy knowledge
- Music writing, composition and performance
- Innovation and creative thinking and writing
- Work safely and effectively in the music industry
I have the following attributes:
- Musical ability and talent (instrumental or vocal)
- Perseverance and determination to succeed in a very competitive industry
- Stamina and confidence to perform solo or as part of a group
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
Other job titles may include:
- Band Member
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
Eligible for VSL
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.