Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
Are you ready to make face-changing decisions?
If you are passionate about the exciting world of make-up and would like to work in make-up studios, cosmetic retail, fashion and media sets or photography studios then this course could be the perfect one for you.
You'll gain artistic and business skills. You will also acquire the latest airbrushing techniques, an advanced skill being taught as part of this creative and artistic make up qualification. Relationships with both clients and industry are important and these aspects will be covered in your course with a focus on live salon works and engagement with industry professionals such as photographers.
A valuable part of our course is ongoing practical demonstration of your skills, you will be need to bring live models to class as required.
This course is also offered as a part-time evening course.
- Start your own make up artistry business
- Cosmetic retail products and services
- Make-up for fashion (runway specialist)
- Make-up for photography (covering bridal and fashion)
- Make-up for the film & TV industry
I have the following attributes:
- Artistic ability and good colour perception
- Comfortable with physical contact and enjoy practical work
- Positive attitude, self-motivation, patient and tactful
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Stamina, patience and concentration
- Able to work well under pressure
- Able to adapt quickly to working within new teams
- Able to relate to people from a variety of backgrounds and cultures.
Follow the link to find further information to help you make an informed choice about the suitability of this course.
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
Supervised clinical hours to be completed in the live works beauty clinic on campus.
Other costs for consideration:
- Uniform, which is part of the professional presentation that is required by industry. Further information will be given at orientation.
- Resource kits, which are essential for meeting assessment requirements.
- Text books
The part-time course is designed for those who currently work in industry and would like to up-skill or for those who are wanting to start up their own business. Classes runs for 12 months on a Monday and Wednesday night from 6.00pm – 9.30pm at the Joondalup (McLarty) Campus .
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
Eligible for VSL
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred option below to get started with your application.