Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
Connect with people, engage with information and promote literacy and the value of libraries in the community
Our Certificate III will give you the skills and knowledge to assist in the organisation and operation of systems for handling recorded material - ultimately helping clients gain access to information.
This course, based at our Perth campus located alongside the State Library of Western Australia, has a strong customer service focus, and provides learning opportunities through practical hands-on activities, industry visits and guest speakers. Your lecturers in this course are library professionals, up-to-date with industry best practice and with strong connections with local library staff and organisations.
This is an ever growing and changing sector and is a vital component across various industries.
North Metropolitan TAFE gives you the option of studying this course on campus OR online. Studying full-time on campus will take 6 months, while students enrolling online or part-time can complete the course within 12 – 18 months.
- Library customer service, team work, and assisting with public activities and events
- Order, prepare, organise and promote library resources
- Use current software and social media, online catalogues and databases, multi-media and photography equipment
- Locating information
- An understanding of current library challenges and trends, including emerging technologies
I have the following attributes:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Comfortable using technology
- Able to work as part of a team
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
Students enrolling in online and/or part-time study can complete the course within 12 - 18 months. National changes to the qualification may result in additional studies.
Other costs for consideration:
- Text Books
Other job titles may include:
- Cultural Services Customer Service Officer
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
North Metropolitan TAFE offers you a range of further study opportunities, see below for a list of related courses.
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
Eligible for VSL
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses, or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.