Are you looking for a 21st Century Digital Media Career?
When you complete this qualification you will have the fundamentals of programming and web development with key subjects specialising in web design and business focused application development.
Pathways into our Certificate IV and Diploma level courses progress you into a career as a Web Developer, Mobile App Developer or an Applications Programmer.
North Metro TAFE is an authorised Cisco Academy, and Microsoft Imagine Academy; you can also gain valuable industry Cisco and Microsoft certifications. You will gain these certifications at no extra cost to you
In addition at our Joondalup campus we offer you the opportunity to gain a dual qualification during your study. You can complete this qualification and the ICT30118 Certificate III in Information, Digital Media and Technology (Network Administration), talk to staff when you enrol.
Benefits of the dual qualification include:
- Broadening your employment opportunities within the IT sector
- Furthering your skills to qualify you for a range of higher level qualifications
- Only need to enrol in one extra cluster of units to do the combined course
Joondalup delivers in both Semester 1 & Semester 2.
Northbridge only delivers in Semester 2.
- OS installation and diagnostics
- Programming in an industry current programming language
- Website development using Adobe products
- Microsoft Office suite
I have the following attributes:
- Strong client focus and a desire to assist others
- Methodical, disciplined and technically minded
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
Other costs for consideration:
- External Hard-drive (approx. $50)
- USB 2.0 (minimum) with at least 100GB storage
Other job titles may include:
- Junior Web Assistant
- Call Centre/Contact Centre Client Support Officer (ICT)
- User Support Specialist
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
- Certificate IV in Web-Based Technologies
- Diploma of Website Development
- Certificate IV in Information Technology Networking
- Diploma of Information Technology Networking
North Metropolitan TAFE offers you a range of further study opportunities, see below for a list of related courses.
This qualification is part of the Lower fees, local skills(opens in a new tab) program where you'll pay only half of the standard course fees from 1 January to 31 December 2021. The “annual fees cap” means that full-fee paying students will only pay a maximum of $1,200 (plus resource fee) and concession-fee paying students or those aged 15-24 years will only pay up to $400 (plus resource fee).
Annual Full fee
Annual Concession fee
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses, or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.