Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
Ready to start your career in the fast growing ICT industry?
This course provides you with the skills and knowledge to support information technology activities in the workplace across a range of ICT areas including technical support and network administration.
You will learn how to configure, secure and test system software for a small home office network or small to medium business network.
At our Joondalup campus we also offer you the opportunity to gain a dual qualification during your study. You can complete this qualification and ICT30118 Certificate III in Information, Digital Media and Technology (Web Technologies), talk to staff when you enrol.
Benefits of the dual qualification include:
- Broadening your employment opportunities within the IT sector
- Furthering your skills to qualify you for a range of higher level qualifications
- Only need to enrol in one extra cluster of units to do the combined course
- Learn Networking Technologies that will support you in your learning of Cisco, Microsoft & RedHat products at CIV
- Disassemble and reassemble desktop PCs from their components and learn basic hardware maintenance.
- Advanced settings and features of the client side Windows Operating Systems using Virtual Machines.
- Programming C# gives you a head start in network scripting or more advanced programming languages from the Certificate IV levels.
- Create professional workplace documents using Microsoft Office 2016; Word (word processor), Excel (spreadsheet) and Access (database)
I have the following attributes:
- Strong client focus and a desire to assist others
- Methodical, disciplined and technically minded
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
Other costs for consideration:
- External Hard-drive (approx. $50)
- USB 2.0 (minimum) with at least 100 GB storage
- Help Desk Officer | Client Support Officer (ICT) | User Support Specialist | Customer Service Representative
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
- Certificate IV in Information Technology Networking
- Diploma of Information Technology Networking
- Certificate IV in Web-Based Technologies
- Diploma of Website Development
North Metropolitan TAFE offers you a range of further study opportunities, see below for a list of related courses.
This qualification is part of the Lower fees, local skills(opens in a new tab) program where you'll pay only half of the standard course fees from 1 January to 31 December 2021. The “annual fees cap” means that full-fee paying students will only pay a maximum of $1,200 (plus resource fee) and concession-fee paying students or those aged 15-24 years will only pay up to $400 (plus resource fee).
Annual Full fee
Annual Concession fee
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.