Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
Beat the hackers at their own game
If you love computers, and you aren't afraid of the challenges being presented by the dark web; this Certificate III course will get you on your way to building a career in the vitally important field of Cyber Security. North Metropolitan TAFE offers you a pathway to gain the practical skills that you need to be part of Australia's cyber defences.
In this nationally recognised Certificate III program you will learn the fundamentals of networking security and design in our Cisco accredited program; system configuration and hardening; and Microsoft server management and protection in a hands-on practical environment.
We also offer further training in this booming field so you can continue to add to your cyber security skills, and as North Metropolitan TAFE is an authorised Cisco Academy, and Microsoft Silver Partner; you will also be in line to achieve valuable Industry Cisco and Microsoft certification.
- Monitor and administer security of an ICT system
- Manage network and data integrity
- Install, configure and test network security
- Provide ICT advice to clients
- Evaluate characteristics for cloud computing solutions and services
I have the following attributes:
- Analytical and strong problem solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Strong customer focus and desire to assist others
- Methodical, disciplined and technically minded
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
This qualification is part of the Lower fees, local skills(opens in a new tab) program where you'll pay only half of the standard course fees from 1 January to 31 December 2021. The “annual fees cap” means that full-fee paying students will only pay a maximum of $1,200 (plus resource fee) and concession-fee paying students or those aged 15-24 years will only pay up to $400 (plus resource fee).
Annual Full fee
Annual Concession fee
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.