This qualification is part of the Lower fees, local skills program where you'll pay only half of the standard course fees.
Make a positive difference to people's lives
In this course, you will learn how to provide direct care to clients who are unable to care for themselves due to ill health or disability in a community setting. You'll gain an insight into the aged care and home and community care sector and undertake a supervised work placement where you get to put your skills into practice.
All of our Home and Community Care qualifications can be completed in the workplace. This means you get the most relevant skills and the opportunity to form industry contacts.
- Provide individualised support
- Recognise healthy body systems
- Support independence and wellbeing
- Work legally and ethically
I have the following attributes:
- Passionate in providing care
- Initiative, enthusiasm and happy attitude
- Strong sense of professional boundaries and integrity
- Cultural awareness
- Able to work without direct supervision
- Able to communicate well and build relationships with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
This qualification includes a 120 hour supervised work placement in a home and/or community facility.
Other costs in addition to course fees:
- Polo Shirt (approx. $29)
- Police Clearance (approx. $72) prior you start work placement and employment
- Working with Children’s Check (WWC) prior you start work placement and employment
- First Aid training
Including vaccinations - you will need to provide proof of immunisation against:
- Influenza (annual)
Other job titles may include:
- In Home Respite Worker | Home Care Assistant
- Care Assistant | Care Worker | Care Service Employee
- Residential Aide | Residential Care Worker | Residential Support Worker
- Accommodation Support Worker
- Planned Activity Assistant
- Community Care Worker | Community House Worker
- Food Services Deliverer
- Transport Support Worker
- Field Officer (Community Services)
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
This qualification is part of the Lower fees, local skills program where you'll pay only half of the standard course fees until 31 December 2021. The “annual fees cap” means that full-fee paying students will only pay a maximum of $1,200 (plus resource fee) and concession-fee paying students or those aged 15-24 years will only pay up to $400 (plus resource fee). Please see below an approximate estimate of what you will pay on enrolment.
Annual Full fee
Annual Concession fee
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses, or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.