Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
This qualification is part of the Lower fees, local skills program where you'll pay only half of the standard course fees.
Learn how to empower and support the independence of our elders needing care and join one of Australia's fastest growing industries
When you complete the Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing) you will be ready to start a rewarding career providing direct care to clients in residential, home and community settings.
Aged Care Workers provide personal, physical and emotional support to older people who require assistance with daily living. When you provide support to older people you are able to make a tremendous difference to their quality of life and achieve real personal satisfaction through your work. Aged care work is rewarding in itself and provides the opportunity to meet a wide variety of older people
There are two different industry placement options available to those studying this Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing).
- Attending classes for 3 days per week for 15 weeks followed by a 4 week industry placement, or
- At our Mt Lawley campus we also offer a partnership program with Brightwater where you attend classes for 4 days per week over the first 5 weeks followed by 2 days a week industry placement plus 1 day attending classes.
North Metropolitan TAFE will also be offering a dual qualification in partnership with Hall and Prior Health and Aged Care Group, combining this certificate with HLT33115 AA72 Certificate III in Health Service Assistance (Acute Care)(opens in a new tab) .
This dual qualification program will run over 7 months with attendance as follows:
- For the first 4 weeks you will need to attend classes at Mt Lawley campus over 4 days per week
- Each week from week 4 through to week 27 you will complete 2 days per week of work placement at a Hall and Prior facility plus 1 day per week of classes at Mt Lawley campus
- Online learning of 1 day per week including online assessment will also be required.
For more information view our flyer(opens in a new tab) .
- Empower or re-enable older people
- Work with people from different cultures
- Work and build relationships within a small team
- Implement effective communication strategies
- Learn the effects of dementia and the management of any related changes
- Enjoy providing quality support for people who are frail aged or living with disabilities
- Empathetic with a strong sense of compassion and respect for individuals
- Patient, discrete and committed to the rights of elderly people
- Calm disposition and loving attitude
- Reliable, motivated and flexible
- Good time management skills
Partnering with North Metropolitan TAFE using a new clinical model in the Certificate lll Individual Support - Ageing qualification has allowed us to increase the amount of placements we offer. Brightwater's dedicated team of support staff work closely with North Metropolitan TAFE students throughout their training to develop their job ready skills. By the completion of their studies some students form an integral part of the team and have been offered employment which has benefited both parties.
Manager, Strategic Learning & Growth
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
This qualification includes a 120 hour supervised work placement at a residential aged care facility.
- Police clearance (approx. $72)
- Polo shirt (approx. $29)
Including vaccinations - you will also need to provide proof of immunisation against:
- Influenza (annual)
- Chicken pox (Varicella)
- Hepatitis B (first immunisation)
Other job titles may include:
- In Home Respite Worker
- Care Service Employee | Care Assistant | Care Worker
- Residential Care Worker | Residential Support Worker
- Residential Aide | Home Care Assistant
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
- Certificate III in Individual Support (Home and Community)
- Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance
North Metropolitan TAFE offers you a range of further study opportunities, see below for a list of related courses.
This qualification is part of the Lower fees, local skills program where you'll pay only half of the standard course fees until 31 December 2021. The “annual fees cap” means that full-fee paying students will only pay a maximum of $1,200 (plus resource fee) and concession-fee paying students or those aged 15-24 years will only pay up to $400 (plus resource fee). Please see below an approximate estimate of what you will pay on enrolment.
Annual Full fee
Annual Concession fee
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.