This qualification is part of the Lower fees, local skills program where you'll pay only half of the standard course fees.
Make someone's day - hand them a coffee, a canapé or an ice cold drink!
Gain the hands-on experience and the skills you need to work in any location in the hospitality industry such as cafes, bars, clubs or restaurants or as a functions and events team member.
Experienced hospitality workers are in demand and can use their skills anywhere in the world working in a variety of roles in many different settings.
- Provision of excellent customer service
- Effective team work
- Preparation and service of hot and cold drinks
- Safe work practices in the hospitality industry
I have the following attributes:
- Energetic and outgoing personality
- Attention to detail
- A positive 'can do' attitude
- Able to work well under pressure
- Strong work ethic, reliable and flexible
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
A supervised workplacement at North Metro TAFE's Pavilion à la carte restaurant is undertaken as part of this course.
Other costs for consideration:
- Text Books
- Closed in shoes
- Food & Beverage Attendant | Waiter | Formal Service Waiter
- Bar Attendant | Barista
- Commercial Housekeeper
- Hotel / Motel Receptionist
Other job titles may include:
- Function Attendant
- Bottle Shop Attendant
- Senior Bar Attendant
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
This qualification is part of the Lower fees, local skills program where you'll pay only half of the standard course fees until 31 December 2021. The “annual fees cap” means that full-fee paying students will only pay a maximum of $1,200 (plus resource fee) and concession-fee paying students or those aged 15-24 years will only pay up to $400 (plus resource fee). Please see below an approximate estimate of what you will pay on enrolment.
Annual Full Fee
Annual Concession fee
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.