This exciting new course is designed to give you skills that will help equip you for training and career pathways in a broad range of public service roles, with a focus on emergency and response services.
While this Certificate III course does not provide a direct pathway into employment in the emergency or response services, the topics included in the program will help prepare you to apply for roles within emergency services such as the Police Force, roles with the Australian Defence Force or Border Force for example.
You'll cover essential areas such as teamwork and leadership, communication skills, public service legislation, diversity and values, physical fitness and career planning.
You'll have access to learning support to help improve your literacy or numeracy skills and to NMT's gym facilities at our Northbridge and Joondalup campuses while you study.
- Ability to use a wide range of communication styles to suit different audiences and purposes
- Work effectively within a team environment in an organisational structure
- Identify career goals and options for pathways into the various operational services
- Improve own physical wellbeing whilst assisting to coordinate activities for others
- How to use ICT applications and media tools to establish social networks within the working environment
I have the following attributes:
- High level of integrity
- Able to work in a team and communicate with others
- Well developed English literacy skills
- Good organisational, time-management and problem solving skills
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Flexible and able to adapt to new concepts, ideas and methods
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
Classes will be conducted on campus over 3 - 4 days per week
Please note this course does not guarantee you employment in emergency or response services but successful completion may enhance your skill set when applying for such roles.
Job titles may include:
- Security officer
- Border Protection officer
- Police officer
- Emergency services (Fire, Ambulance)
- Defence forces
- General public service roles
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Graduates of this course may look at further study options at Diploma level.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred option below to get started with your application.
Semester 1, 2022
Joondalup (Kendrew Crescent) - On Campus
|When||Semester 1, 2022|
|Where||Joondalup (Kendrew Crescent)|