This exciting new course is designed to give you skills that will help equip you for training and career pathways in a broad range of public service roles, with a focus on emergency and response services.
While this Certificate III course does not provide a direct pathway into employment in the emergency or response services, the topics included in the program will help you apply for a public service role. You'll cover essential areas such as teamwork and leadership, communication skills, public service legislation, diversity and values, physical fitness and career planning.
You'll have access to learning support to help improve your literacy or numeracy skills and to NMT's gym facilities at our Northbridge and Joondalup campuses while you study.
- Ability to use a wide range of communication styles to suit different audiences and purposes
- Work effectively within a team environment in an organisational structure
- Identify career goals and options for pathways into the various operational services
- Improve own physical wellbeing whilst assisting to coordinate activities for others
- How to use ICT applications and media tools to establish social networks within the working environment
I have the following attributes:
- High level of integrity
- Able to work in a team and communicate with others
- Well developed English literacy skills
- Good organisational, time-management and problem solving skills
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Flexible and able to adapt to new concepts, ideas and methods
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
Classes will be conducted on campus over 3 - 4 days per week
Please note this course does not guarantee you employment in emergency or response services but successful completion may enhance your skill set when applying for such roles.
Job titles may include:
- Security officer
- Border Protection officer
- Police officer
- Emergency services (Fire, Ambulance)
- Defence forces
- General public service roles
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Graduates of this course may look at further study options at Diploma level.
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
Eligible for VSL
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.