Polish up your skills and gain a career in furniture finishing
Refinishing or refurbishing timber products and furniture can add a sparkle to any new or old build. You'll learn about using environmentally sustainable work practices to make or renew timber products.
This apprenticeship will give you the skills required to become a furniture finisher or worker and experienced furniture finishers have a range of job opportunities open to them.
The Certificate III in Furniture Finishing is an apprenticeship, please see the Apprenticeships section for more information.
- Measure, prepare and finish timber
- Apply stains, coatings and decorative techniques
- Interpret plans
- Estimate and cost jobs
I have the following attributes:
- An eye for detail
- Good eye/hand co-ordination
- A desire to do a precise and thorough job
- Able to follow established procedures
- Problem solving skills
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
You must be employed in a training contract by an appropriate organisation to study.
Other job titles may include:
- French Polisher
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
Eligible for VSL
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses, or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.