Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
Gain the knowledge and skills to step into the dynamic and fast paced world of Fitness
Immerse yourself in practical leaning in our fully equipped gymnasiums at our Perth or Joondalup campuses located just five minutes walk from the train line.
We offer real world knowledge to plan and conduct fitness programs for a variety of clients and to build up your communication, organisation and time management skills through our locally, and nationally qualified team of lecturers.
You will learn about the roles of fitness instruction and exercise science while gaining an overview of work performance in the industry. You will undertake Industry relevant learning in areas that include; anatomy, physiology, appraisals and programming, analysis of risk, responding to emergency situations and the maintenance of equipment.
As part of this qualification, you will undertake a supervised work placement in the Fitness Industry where you will be able to apply the skills and knowledge you have learned.
- Ability to deliver Circuit style classes, to athletes or the general community, including youth and young teens
- Practical skills for working with a wide range of clients including youth, older adults and individuals with disabilities
- Communication skills to positively motivate others to succeed in their fitness goals
I have the following attributes:
- Basic math skills
- Passionate about helping others achieve their health and fitness goals
- Enthusiastic, energetic and customer-focused
- Exceptional multi-tasking skills and “can do” attitude
- Team player
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
This qualification includes a supervised work placement in the Fitness Industry where you will be able to apply the skills and knowledge you have learned.
Classes will be delivered over three days each week.
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
North Metropolitan TAFE offers you a range of further study opportunities, see below for a list of related courses.
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
Eligible for VSL
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred option below to get started with your application.