A fitting trades career in electrics
This qualification will provide you with the skills and knowledge to manufacture, fit, assemble, erect, operate, test, fault find, alter, repair electrical equipment and includes electrical wiring work only if that work is associated with assembling, maintaining, terminating or altering the wiring between electrical components within a plant or machinery.
The Certificate III in Electrical Fitting is an apprenticeship; please see the Apprenticeships section for more information.
- Solve problems in d.c. circuits and in single and three phase low voltage machines
- Develop and connect electrical control circuits
- Use diagrams, standards, codes and specifications
I have the following attributes:
- Good communication skills
- Able to follow plans and instructions, and solve problems
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Enjoy and have an aptitude for technical and engineering activities
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
This course is an apprenticeship, you must be employed in a training contract by an appropriate organisation to study.
Instrumentation Fitter (Hazardous Areas)
- Registration or licensing is required.
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.