Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
Develop the skills and knowledge to assist teaching staff
This course will provide you with a customised program in learning support to prepare you for roles such as an education assistant working in a school. You will learn to provide support to a classroom teacher for children from kindergarten to Year 12.
As part of this qualification you will undertake a supervised work placement where you will be able to apply the skills and knowledge you have learned in a classroom setting.
Certificate III in Education Support students are required to obtain a Working with Children Check and a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check before attending work placement. Under 18 students will be required to obtain a Confidential Statutory Declaration.
- Implement planned education programs
- Assist students in their learning and development
- Contribute to the safety and health of students
- Support students with additional needs.
- Work effectively with culturally diverse students and colleagues
I have the following attributes:
- Caring and enthusiastic nature
- Open-minded and flexible to changes
- Adaptable to cater for a diverse range of student needs
- Good reasoning and organisational skills
- Able to follow directions and guidelines
Follow the link to find further information to help you make an informed choice about the suitability of this course.
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
As part of this qualification, you will undertake a supervised work placement where you will be able to apply the skills and knowledge you have learned in a classroom setting.
Before attending work placement you will be required to obtain:
- Working with Children Check
- Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check
Under 18 students will be required to obtain a Confidential Statutory Declaration.
In the first week of study, you will be required to sit a literacy and numeracy test to ascertain your suitability for the course.
- Teachers' Aide | Teachers' Assistant | Education Aides | Teachers' Aide | Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Education Worker
Other job titles may include:
- Integration Aide
- Preschool Aide
- Kindergarten Assistant
- School Services Officer
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
North Metropolitan TAFE offers you a range of further study opportunities, see below for a list of related courses.
This qualification is part of the Lower fees, local skills(opens in a new tab) (opens in a new tab) program where you'll pay only half of the standard course fees from 1 January to 31 December 2021. The “annual fees cap” means that full-fee paying students will only pay a maximum of $1,200 (plus resource fee) and concession-fee paying students or those aged 15-24 years will only pay up to $400 (plus resource fee).
Annual Full fee
Annual Concession fee
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.