Get ready to establish your career in business with this new and exciting qualification
This course will enable you to learn and use in-demand skills practiced across a wide range of industries and you'll gain skills and knowledge needed to work in various roles in wide variety of business settings.
While studying in our simulated work environment you'll learn how to work in teams, empower your creative and critical thinking and learn to use sustainable work practices. You will also explore the importance of workplace wellness and safety, learn and deliver excellent customer service and the creation of a variety of business and digital documents using the latest computing software.
- Creative thinking
- Team skills
- Problem solving
- Environmental and sustainable work skills
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Organisational and time management skills
- Microsoft Office and computer skills
- Importance of workplace safety and wellness
- Design and produce business and digital text documents, and spreadsheets
This course is suited to people who may be:
- A recent school leaver
- Returning to the workforce
- Looking for a career change
- Currently working in industry and would like to gain a nationally recognised qualification
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
Bring your own device (BYOD) is encouraged but not essential.
On campus delivery will run over four days per week for one semester when you study full-time.
Online delivery can take up to four semesters to complete, depending on your other personal and/or work commitments.
If you wish to complete the course within two semesters, you'll be expected to:
- commit to 1 - 2 hours per week contact with lecturers
- spend 10 - 12 hours per week individual study
If you wish to spread the course over four semesters, you'll be expected to:
- commit to 1 -2 hours per fortnight contact with lecturers
- spend 4 - 6 hours per week individual study
Other job titles may include:
- Business services officer
- Customer Service Advisor | Customer Service Officer
- General Clerk | Clerical Officer
- Junior Personal Assistant
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
Eligible for VSL
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred option below to get started with your application.