Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
An introduction to Business that could take you anywhere
If you want the essential skills needed to work in an office environment and exposure to general business practices, then this qualification will help you on your way.
Study this course and you'll gain skills and knowledge needed to work in various roles in an office in any industry. You'll become familiar with trading with other businesses, customer service, creating business and text documents using business software, and business processes.
Keen to get started? We offer this course on campus and online.
- Knowledge of workplace health and safety legislation and how it applies to the workplace
- Organise workplace information and schedules, and prioritise work tasks
- Design and produce business and digital text documents, and spreadsheets
I have the following attributes:
- A desire to assist people in their work duties
- Would like to develop existing verbal and written communication skills
- Keen to develop planning and organisational skills
- Able to relate to people from a range of cultures
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
You’ll need to get a student ID card to be able to access resources needed for the simulated business environment part of this course.
Other costs for consideration:
- 2.5 days per week
Please note part-time study classes are run during the day only.
Other job titles may include:
- Office Admin | Office Assistant
- Customer Service Advisor | Customer Service Officer
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
Eligible for VSL
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses, or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.