Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
Are you ready to make the world beautiful?
If you are keen to learn about nail technology, waxing services, and lash and brow services, this course could be the perfect one for you!
You'll gain the skills and confidence to enter the beauty industry and provide a range of services, learning the tips of the trade to be successful in a very competitive market. You could also continue your studies with our SHB30215 Certificate III in Makeup or, with an additional 10 units you could achieve SHB50115 Diploma of Beauty Therapy and run your own beauty salon.
A valuable part of our course is ongoing practical demonstration of your skills, so you will be need to bring live models to class as required.
Please note the Joondalup course is run at our McLarty Avenue campus.
- Make-up application
- Lash and brow treatments
- Retailing skin care and cosmetic products
- Spray tanning
- Ear piercing
I have the following attributes:
- Friendly and approachable with a love of people and the beauty industry
- Comfortable with physical contact and enjoy practical work
- High level of personal responsibility and motivation
- Good health with no allergies to beauty products
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Well-presented with good communication skills
- Able to relate to people from a variety of backgrounds and cultures
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
Other costs for consideration:
- Uniform, which is part of the professional presentation that is required by industry. Further information will be given at orientation.
- Resource kits, which are essential for meeting assessment requirements. Further information will be given at orientation.
- Text books
Other job titles may include:
- Make-up Artist
- Home Business Operator
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
Eligible for VSL
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses, or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.