Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
An excellent qualification to launch your highly successful and rewarding career
This qualification will introduce you to a career in accounting. You'll gain essential accounting skills and terminology to help you manage finances for an organisation.
It is particularly suited to anyone who has just completed school, is contemplating a career change or re-entering the workforce.
If you have an eye for figures, can think on your feet, and enjoy working with others, then this is an excellent qualification to launch you towards a highly successful and rewarding career.
- Recording and creating summaries of an organisation's financial transactions
- Processing journal entries
- Completing payroll and bank receipts
- Preparing, processing and maintaining financial records
I have the following attributes:
- Comfortable working with numbers and financial concepts
- Good problem solving
- Good analytical skills
- Enjoy working with others
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
Classes are delivered over two and a half days per week for one semester when you study full-time.
As well as the in-class component, approximately three to five hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, is recommended, including private study, assignment preparation, and research.
If you don’t have access to a computer and WiFi at home, we recommend using our library computers during library hours.
On your first day you should bring your North Metropolitan TAFE confirmation of enrolment, your student ID and stationery (pen and exercise book).
As a student you will also have additional costs associated with your study, for example text or course book/s and you will need to pay for stationery, printing and other materials required for your assignments.
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
Eligible for VSL
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred option below to get started with your application.