Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
Get your career in the resources industry off the ground
This qualification will give you the skills and knowledge necessary for entry level employment as a processing technician in a resources processing facility.
- Collect and break rock samples
- Conduct conveyor, crushing and screening plant operations
- Work safely and follow onsite safety policies and procedures
I have the following attributes:
- Enjoy manual and technical work
- Able to follow workplace health and safety procedures and work safely
- Comfortable working in a physical environment
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Able to work well as part of a team
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
Other job titles may include:
- Process Operator (Mineral Processing)
- Processing Plant Attendant (Extractive Industries)
- Coal Preparation Operator
- Processing Technician
- Mineral Processing Technician
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Half price fees
The Lower fees, local skills (half price) discount and fee caps have already been applied to the fees displayed above. Please note that fee caps only apply to the calendar year, so multi-semester courses across more than one calendar year may have a higher fee. See the Half price courses page for more details.
Lower fees, local skills are available to residents of Western Australia, and temporary residents holding certain visa types. They are not available for people living outside of Western Australia, or international students. Full eligibility details are available on our Half price courses page.
Enquiries regarding fees can be made by calling us.
T 1300 300 822
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred option below to get started with your application.