Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
Does your career pipe dream involve real pipes?
When you complete the Certificate II in Plumbing (Plumbing Pre-Apprenticeship) you'll be what employers are looking for as an apprentice plumber, roof plumber, or gasfitter.
You will gain the knowledge and skills to work effectively in the construction industry, use hand and power tools, oxy-acetylene and arc weld, read plans, calculate quantities, cut and join sheet metal, work safely at heights, and workplace health and safety.
North Metropolitan TAFE is a major centre in WA for training in the building and construction industries, with purpose-built workshops, up-to-date equipment, and lecturers who maintain close links with industry.
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
Students must always be work ready and this means the following is required:
- steel capped boots with heavy leather uppers must be worn at all times - no joggers/trainers/gym shoes
- protective eye wear (Australian Safety Glasses) - clear glasses (tinted only allowed for outdoor use).
- 100% cotton workwear - long sleeved shirts and long pants
- A4 notepad, red, black and blue pens, 2 pencils, eraser and yellow highlighter, 8m tape measure
Students who do not wear the appropriate footwear, clothing and eye protection will not be able to participate in training.
Other costs for consideration:
- Students are required to provide all relevant Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for workshop activities.
- 8:00am to 3:45pm Monday to Friday
- 4 weeks Work Placement is required to be done as part of the Pre-Apprenticeship programme
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Successful completion of this qualification provides you with the opportunity to gain an apprenticeship in the plumbing and gas fitting trade. You will need to be employed and registered as an apprentice before you can commence apprenticeship training.
Successful completion of this qualification provides you with the opportunity to become an apprentice, but you need to be registered with the The Apprenticeship Office and employed.
This qualification is part of the Lower fees, local skills program where you'll pay only half of the standard course fees until 31 December 2021. The “annual fees cap” means that full-fee paying students will only pay a maximum of $1,200 (plus resource fee) and concession-fee paying students or those aged 15-24 years will only pay up to $400 (plus resource fee). Please see below an approximate estimate of what you will pay on enrolment.
Annual Full fee
Annual Concession fee
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred option below to get started with your application.