Kick start your career in WA's vibrant music industry
Gain the practical knowledge to enhance your musical and production skills.
This course introduces basic musical and sound concepts. Electives will focus on song writing and performance within ensembles, recording and mixing within the studio and live environments and follow the production processes through to the completion of a demo recording. This course in only offered in semester 1 each year.
- Play music or sing to make a music demo
- Use technical equipment and computers
- Record and edit sound
- Prepare yourself for performance
I have the following attributes:
- Musical ability and talent
- Perseverance and determination to succeed in a very competitive industry
- Stamina and confidence to perform
- Good time management and flexibility
- Ability to work as part of a team
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
- Certificate III in Music Industry (Performance)
- Certificate III in Music Industry (Sound Production)
This is a good foundation for further study to gain the skills needed for employment in the music industry.
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
Eligible for VSL
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.