This qualification is part of the Lower fees, local skills program where you'll pay only half of the standard course fees.
Open the door to a career in health
The Certificate II in Health Support Services will enable you to work in the health or aged care sector in a variety of different environments such as a hospital assistant, patient services assistant, catering staff, cleaner, gardener, stores person and ward assistant.
Throughout the course you will gain the knowledge and hands-on practical skills to work effectively with others in a team environment, communicate in the workplace and apply workplace health and safety and infection control practices. In addition, you will gain a range of skills that will enable you to work as a member of a team that provides support for the effective functioning of health services.
The Certificate II in Health Support Services can also provide you with a range of different study pathways to other courses in health including:
- Pathology collection
- Sterilisation services
- Health Services Assistance
- Individual Support
- Dental laboratory assisting
- Population Health
- Perform general cleaning tasks in a clinical setting
- Prepare and maintain beds
- Transport individuals
- Undertake routine stock maintenance including linen supplies
I have the following attributes:
- Caring and positive attitude
- Respect for the rights of others
- Able to work as part of a team and follow instructions
- Comfortable working in a physical environment
- Able to manage time and prioritise tasks effectively
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
- Hospital Orderly | Wardsperson | Patient Services Assistant | Nursing Support Worker | Personal Care Assistant
Other job titles may include:
- Health Services Assistant | Health Support Services Worker
- Institutional Cook | Kitchen Attendant
- Food Services Deliverer
- Housekeeping Attendant
- Hospital Maintenance Worker
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
This qualification is part of the Lower fees, local skills program where you'll pay only half of the standard course fees until 31 December 2021. The “annual fees cap” means that full-fee paying students will only pay a maximum of $1,200 (plus resource fee) and concession-fee paying students or those aged 15-24 years will only pay up to $400 (plus resource fee). Please see below an approximate estimate of what you will pay on enrolment.
Annual Full fee
Annual Concession fee
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.