Are you looking for an electronics career?
North Metropolitan TAFE is offering a dual qualification in Electronics and Computer Assembly and Repair. You can gain the Certificate II in Computer Assembly and Repair(opens in a new tab) and the Certificate II in Electronics qualifications in just six months, opening doors to many different fields of further study and/or employment, including an apprenticeship.
In this course you will develop the ability to select, assemble, set up and maintain electronic devices, for a variety of uses, following prescribed routines . You will also have to opportunity to fault-find, and repair equipment.
This course is ideal if you wish to progress to further study in the electrotechnology arena, providing you with a foundation for entry to a range of studies in fields such as:
- Computer assembly & servicing
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
- Security & Fire Alarms
- Basic DC circuit theory
- Practical skills for the assembly, installation, repair and re-assembly of electronic and computer equipment
- A custom blend of DC circuit theory and mathematical skills
- Electronic component identification and handling procedures
- Hand soldering, component placement and mounting onto a printed wiring board
I have the following attributes:
- Good communication skills
- Able to follow plans and instructions, and solve problems
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Enjoy and have an aptitude for technical activities
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
Important You will need to have an Engineering Symbol Function on your calculator, which school ones don’t.
Although a school calculator will work, you will have many more key strokes and have to interpret the readings, which usually
leads to errors and mistakes. Example of Engineering Notation Calculator(opens in a new tab)
Successful completion of this dual qualification could lead to an apprenticeship or employment as a technician’s trade assistant in these areas. Many employers regard basic training in electrical/electronic theory as a pre-requisite to employment in these fields.
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
Eligible for VSL
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred option below to get started with your application.