Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
This qualification is part of the Lower fees, local skills program where you'll pay only half of the standard course fees.
Open the door to a career in community services
This course will introduce you to the community services industry. You'll gain the essential theoretical knowledge and practical skills by completing this qualification.
Start on your path to a career in Community Services, Aged Care, Children's Services or Disability Services.
- Communication and working in health or community services
- Organisation and completing daily work activities
- Working with diverse people
- Workplace health and safety
I have the following attributes:
- Enjoy assisting people
- Friendly, patient, empathetic and have a positive outlook
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Sound sensible decision-making skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work independently and to participate constructively in teams
Employer-based training offers a flexible, self-paced study program which combines workplace recognition of prior learning and individualised ‘gap’ training to attain your qualification.
This means every time you go to work you are learning and demonstrating competence whilst working towards your qualification. The flexibility of Employer-based training allows you to structure and perform learning and assessment in a way that fits into your professional and personal life.
Learning and assessment plans are created on an individual level in consultation with you and/or your employer. Assessment is conducted using numerous methods including practical demonstration and observation, question and answer interviews, written tasks, supervisor reports and workshops.
To enquire or enrol please fill out the Course Enquiry Form
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
Other job titles may include:
- Personal Care Worker
- Personal Care Giver
- Home Helper
- Assistant Community Services Worker
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
This qualification is part of the Lower fees, local skills program where you'll pay only half of the standard course fees until 31 December 2021. The “annual fees cap” means that full-fee paying students will only pay a maximum of $1,200 (plus resource fee) and concession-fee paying students or those aged 15-24 years will only pay up to $400 (plus resource fee). Please see below an approximate estimate of what you will pay on enrolment.
Annual Full fee
Annual Concession fee
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred option below to get started with your application.