Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
Do you have an eye for detail and want your work on show?
When you complete this pre-apprenticeship you'll be what employers are looking for as an apprentice wall and floor tiler. Give yourself a better chance of gaining an apprenticeship and a flying start in learning a trade.
Wall and floor tilers may work internally and externally over a variety of surfaces - vertical, horizontal, sloping or curved. They prepare surfaces and apply tiles for decoration and protection.
- Lay ceramic, clay, slate, marble and glass tiles
- Interpret plans
- Measure and calculate the right amount of materials for the job
- Work with scaffolding safely at heights
- Workplace health and safety
I have the following attributes:
- Aptitude for practical work and for following plans
- Good vision and hand eye co-ordination
- Able to do basic mathematical calculations
- Good physical fitness
- Good communication and interpersonal skills for dealing with customers
- Very precise and careful with work
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
Successful completion of this qualification provides you with the opportunity to become an apprentice, but you need to be registered with the The Apprenticeship Office and employed.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred option below to get started with your application.