Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
This qualification is part of the Lower fees, local skills program where you'll pay only half of the standard course fees.
A trade career that has creativity covered
Solid plastering is a finishing trade and an important part of the building process. Solid Plasterers apply decorative and protective coverings of plaster and cement to the interiors and exteriors of structures.
Complete this pre-apprenticeship and you'll be what employers are looking for in an apprentice solid plasterer. It will give you the skills, knowledge and behaviours to make you more competitive when applying for an apprenticeship and a flying start in learning a trade.
- Finish walls and ceilings in plaster
- Interpret plans
- Measure and calculate the right amount of materials for the job
- Work with scaffolding safely at heights
- Workplace health and safety
I have the following attributes:
- Enjoy practical work
- Good hand-eye coordination, precise and careful
- Comfortable working at heights
- Comfortable working in a physical environment
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
The Training Accreditation Council has approved the addition of ASBWA201 Practice Asbestos Awareness in the Construction Industry as a core in 52824WA Certificate II in Building and Construction (Pathway - Trades). They have advised that a 12-month teach out period applies to the qualification.
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Successful completion of this qualification provides you with the opportunity to become an apprentice in the building and construction industry, but you need to be registered with the The Apprenticeship Office and employed.
This qualification is part of the Lower fees, local skills program where you'll pay only half of the standard course fees until 31 December 2021. The “annual fees cap” means that full-fee paying students will only pay a maximum of $1,200 (plus resource fee) and concession-fee paying students or those aged 15-24 years will only pay up to $400 (plus resource fee). Please see below an approximate estimate of what you will pay on enrolment.
Annual Full fee
Annual Concession fee
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.