Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
This qualification is part of the Lower fees, local skills program where you'll pay only half of the standard course fees.
Do you have a building desire to work with wood?
Carpenters and joiners construct, erect, install, renovate and repair structures and fixtures made of wood, plywood, wallboard and other materials, and cut, shape and fit timber parts to form structures and fittings.
When you complete this pre-apprenticeship you'll be what employers are looking for as an apprentice carpenter and joiner. Give yourself a better chance of gaining an apprenticeship and a flying start in learning a trade.
- Using manual and power tools
- Constructing wall frames
- Installing flooring
- Interpreting plans
- How to measure and calculate materials
- Working with scaffolding
I have the following attributes:
- Enjoy hands-on work
- Physically fit and abe to undertake manual labour for extended periods
- Good communication and teamwork skills
- Planning, organisational and problem solving skills
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
The Training Accreditation Council has approved the addition of ASBWA201 Practice Asbestos Awareness in the Construction Industry as a core in 52824WA Certificate II in Building and Construction (Pathway - Trades). They have advised that a 12-month teach out period applies to the qualification.
Other job titles may include:
- Apprentice Carpenter and Joiner
Completion of this course will improve your chance of getting a carpentery and joinery apprenticeship.
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Successful completion of this qualification provides you with the opportunity to become an apprentice in the building and construction industry, but you need to be registered with the The Apprenticeship Office and employed.
This qualification is part of the Lower fees, local skills program where you'll pay only half of the standard course fees until 31 December 2021. The “annual fees cap” means that full-fee paying students will only pay a maximum of $1,200 (plus resource fee) and concession-fee paying students or those aged 15-24 years will only pay up to $400 (plus resource fee). Please see below an approximate estimate of what you will pay on enrolment.
Annual Full fee
Annual Concession fee
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.