Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
Increase your confidence and raise your self esteem
The Certificate I in New Opportunities for Women will give you the skills and support to enter or re-enter into further study or employment.
The course offers you an opportunity to explore various career options, build self confidence, gain computer skills, maths, reading, writing and employability skills to enter other TAFE courses.
- Effective communication
- Explore education, training and career options
- Introduction to computing and technology
- Practical maths
- Preparation for employment
- First aid
- Wanting to build confidence to gain employment after a long-term of unemployment
- Wanting to return to work after a break of several years
- Wanting to improve career prospects through education and training
- Able to work collaboratively with others
- Able to monitor and review own performance in achieving learning goals
This is a general education course that is not occupationally specific. It aims to improve your academic skills to undertake further training and education and enhance your employment opportunities.
You may be able to study other Certificate II and Certificate III TAFE courses.
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
Eligible for VSL
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.