Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
Do you want to kick start your education and training?
Or maybe you would like to improve your reading and writing, maths, personal skills and employment opportunities? Our courses use projects to sharpen your skills, and offer excellent resources and highly experienced lecturers. North Metropolitan TAFE can help you achieve your goals through a range of full-time and part-time courses.
This GATE course is available for anyone, including youth students. Before enrolling you will need to attend an interview to check the course is right for you.
It is also offered for students with an intellectual or learning disability, visit Programs for people with an intellectual or learning disability for more information.
Should you require further assistance please use the enquiry form below.
Our Career Booster program will support you to find work. If you want to change careers or are looking to enter/re-enter the workforce this could be the course for you. We will help you find work regardless of your skill level or how long you have been away from the workforce.
You will have the opportunity to build on your existing workplace skills such as computing, customer service, and written and verbal communication. We will also help you hone your job application skills so that you can obtain casual, part time or full time work. And you will gain valuable work experience and build networks that could lead to work, an apprenticeship or your own business.
Our students have obtained work in schools, libraries, private companies, councils, hospitals, and retail outlets.
You will attend classes Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 9:15am to 2:45pm and approximate cost is $170 (subject to change).
To enrol you must be 18 + years of age and obtain a Working With Children Check and Police Clearance.
- Communication for living
- Introduction to career development
- Practical numeracy
- Technology for living
- Health and wellbeing
I have the following attributes:
- A desire to build confidence and re-engage with learning
- Able to solve unplanned problems related to project completion
- Able to monitor and review own performance in achieving learning goals
- Strong work ethic with a desire to pathway into a TAFE course or employment
- Solid English oral and written communication
- Able to send and receive email, read procedures and safety sheets etc.
Please note This course is also available as one of the programs we offer to people with an intellectual or learning disability, click here(opens in a new tab) for more information about these programs. Completing a disability program at North Metropolitan TAFE will open up a whole world of opportunities to you. Leederville campus offers a stream of this course with a focus that includes gardening skills.
This is a general education course that is not occupationally specific. It aims to improve your academic skills to undertake further training and education and enhance your employment opportunities.
You may be able to study other Certificate II and Certificate III TAFE courses.
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
Eligible for VSL
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.