Learn the basics of bricklaying
This short course will give you skills in bricklaying to complete home improvement projects. You'll learn the basics from using bricklaying tools and cutting bricks, to mixing mortar and laying bricks correctly.
You'll also cover:
- basic setting out
- bedding bricks in mortar
- levelling and plumb work techniques
- correct joint spacing
- how to maintain face alignment and finishing brick joints evenly
Materials and hardware will be supplied. No previous experience required.
You will need to supply your own personal protective equipment (PPE) including safety glasses, gloves and closed in footwear.
Classes are run over two Saturdays, 7:30am - 3.00pm.
2021 course dates
Semester 1, 20 & 27 February
Semester 2, 9 & 16 October
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses, or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.