Meet the licensing requirements for automotive air conditioning
If you have an automotive or other relevant qualification and require a Refrigerant Handling Licence then our Automotive Air Conditioning skill set is the ideal study pathway for you.
When you successfully complete this skill set you'll meet the training requirements to obtain a Refrigerant Handling License. Applying for a license is through the Australian Refrigeration Council’s website www.arctick.org(opens in a new tab) - see the Australian Refrigeration Council for further information about licenses.
This course is delivered through a combination of online study and on-campus practical components.
Please note this course will only run with sufficient numbers.
You must have completed one of the following qualifications (or equivalent):
- AUR20416 Certificate II in Automotive Electrical Technology
- AUR21416 Certificate II in Automotive Cooling System Technology
- AUR30316 Certificate III in Automotive Electrical Technology
- AUR30416 Certificate III in Agricultural Technology
- AUR30616 Certificate III in Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology
- AUR31116 Certificate III in Heavy Commercial Vehicle Mechanical Technology
- AUR31216 Certificate III in Mobile Plant Technology
- AUR31416 Certificate III in Automotive Diesel Fuel Technology
- AUR31516 Certificate III in Automotive Diesel Engine Technology
- AUR31716 Certificate III in Forklift Technology
- Certificate III qualification from the AUR99 Training Package
Alternative pathways to meet the licensing requirements for automotive air conditioning
- If you haven't completed a trade qualification you can enrol and complete all units of AUR20218 Certificate II in Automotive Air Conditioning Technology (please note classes run subject to sufficient numbers).
- If you have completed a trade qualification but it it not listed above you can apply for skills recognition and complete necessary units from AUR20218 Certificate II in Automotive Air Conditioning.
North Metropolitan TAFE holds a Refrigerant Trading Authorisation (RTA) issued by Australian Refrigeration Council (ARC): RTA AU45693
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred option below to get started with your application.
Semester 2, 2022
Midland - Online
|When||Semester 2, 2022|
The fees quoted are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis in 2022. Please view the full list of Fee disclaimers.
Please note fees listed include all units required to gain this qualification. If you're a continuing student and have successfully completed a lower-level qualification that is a prerequisite for this course, you'll only pay for the units that you need to enrol in, to complete this course.
Enquiries regarding fees can be made by calling us.
This form is only for course enquiries. If you would like to apply, please refer to the Study options and next steps section above.