Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
The Arabic Language "Allughah 'al arabiyyah
Arabic is spoken in over twenty countries from North-West Africa to the Arabian Gulf which makes it one of the most widely used languages in the world. There are three different kinds of Arabic that are written and spoken.
- Classical Arabic - this is the language of the Qur'aan and classical literature. Its structure is similar to the modern standard but the style and much of the vocabulary is archaic. To learn the modern classical Arabic it is essential to go into rather complex grammar.
- Modern Classical Arabic - this is the universal language of the Arab world understood by all Arabic speakers. Almost all written material is in modern standard as are formal TV programs, talks, etc.
- Colloquial Arabic – these are the spoken languages of the different regions of the Arab world. They vary the most in everyday words and expressions.
The Arabic covered in this course is a mixture of the modern classical and the colloquial Arabic to lessen the complexity of the grammar. Students completing these courses will be able to understand and be understood by all Arabic speakers.
Arabic Beginners Stage 1 is a general introduction to the language, its sound and writing system and some general information on the countries in which it is spoken.
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred option below to get started with your application.