Do you have the skills and confidence to unlock the power of Big Data?
The more data you have, the better business decisions you can make.
This course shows you the basics of how to mine it. You will learn how to collate, analyse, and report structured data; and get an introduction to unstructured analysis and Big Data.
Even if you are a novice and new to coding, we’ll show you how to start from the basics, such as Microsoft Excel, working your way up to Python, Panda, NumPy and Matplotlib - industry-standard tools to collate, analyse, and visualise data.
This skill set is the perfect whether as a first step, or suited to people who work within in a broad range of industries and are responsible for processing data sets for a business, or responsible for data mining and machine learning activities with big data within medium to large organisations.
- Retrieve and manipulate data stored in information systems using the combination of a programming language and a structured query language (Python+SQL)
- Clean and verify data obtained from a variety of sources.
- Use analytic techniques to review and ensure data quality
- Follow industry best-practices and organisational policies, procedures, and protocols
- Use advanced techniques, including machine learning to analyse unstructured peta-scale data
The following applies to you:
- Enjoy manipulating data to provide various outcomes
- Need to go beyond Microsoft Excel in analysing data
- Being able to programmatically query, manipulate, and present data will enhance job prospects
Classes will run for one night per week over two semesters.
Starts Wednesday 6 October, 5.30pm - 9.30pm.
Other job titles may include:
- Business Manager
- Data Analyst
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred option below to get started with your application.
Semester 1, 2022
Perth - On Campus
|When||Semester 1, 2022|