Do you have the skills and confidence to unlock the power of Big Data?
The more data you have, the better business decisions you can make.
This course shows you the basics of how to mine it. You will learn how to collate, analyse, and report structured data; and get an introduction to unstructured analysis and Big Data.
Even if you are a novice and new to coding, we’ll show you how to start from the basics, such as Microsoft Excel, working your way up to Python, Panda, NumPy and Matplotlib - industry-standard tools to collate, analyse, and visualise data.
This skill set is the perfect whether as a first step, or suited to people who work within in a broad range of industries and are responsible for processing data sets for a business, or responsible for data mining and machine learning activities with big data within medium to large organisations.
- Retrieve and manipulate data stored in information systems using the combination of a programming language and a structured query language (Python+SQL)
- Clean and verify data obtained from a variety of sources.
- Use analytic techniques to review and ensure data quality
- Follow industry best-practices and organisational policies, procedures, and protocols
- Use advanced techniques, including machine learning to analyse unstructured peta-scale data
The following applies to you:
- Enjoy manipulating data to provide various outcomes
- Need to go beyond Microsoft Excel in analysing data
- Being able to programmatically query, manipulate, and present data will enhance job prospects
Classes will run for one night per week over two semesters.
Starts Wednesday 28 July, 5.30pm - 9.30pm.
Other job titles may include:
- Business Manager
- Data Analyst
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Estimated course fee $546.00 (Stage 1 - $233.70, Stage 2 - $312.30)
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.