Gain advanced skills in Gas Tungsten Arc Welding
If you work as a boilermaker, welder or tradesperson in the Heavy Fabrication industry, this skill set will enhance your skills in advanced Gas Tungsten Arc Welding. This course is designed to build your skills and knowledge in preparation to enrol in the Weld to code - Gas Tungsten Arc Welding Process Skill Set.
The skill set consists of theory and workshop practice and will be delivered one evening a week for 10 weeks, on a Tuesday from 5:30 - 9:00pm.
You must have completed the following units to enrol:
- MEM05007C Perform manual heating and thermal cutting
- MEM05019D Weld using gas tungsten arc welding process
- MEM05049B Perform routine gas tungsten arc welding
- MEM05051A Select welding processes
- MEM05052A Apply safe welding practices
- MEM09002B Interpret technical drawing
- MEM12023A Perform engineering measurements
- MEM18001C Use hand tools
- MEM18002B Use power tools/hand held operations
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred option below to get started with your application.